"The Mumbai event appears to be a whistle blower for Pakistan. It may culminate on blaming on Pakistan and an expedition that may bring horrifying results for the world."
The recent attack in Mumbai bringing mayhem to the city, was quickly condemned throughout the world. At the same time another quick attempt was made to malign Pakistan and Muslims in these attacks. Let us analyze the incident critically.
- Why India was chosen: The Indo-US nuclear deal was probably on the basis of give and take. India gets free access to Civilian Nuclear facilities and expand its nuclear program. On the other hand India will have to play an important role in the US war on terror. This seems to be the underlying agreement for the greater Asian Union that is on the cards, with India playing a vital role. Already, it is accepted as pseudo super power, and it was allowed a major role in Afghanistan to consolidate the war on terror. With Pakistan besieged from Afghanistan and India, division of Pakistan would make the objective easily achieved.
- Why Mumbai was chosen: It is the atrium business center of India, as it is universally known. A tourist center and hot spot for foreigner tourists and business people. Any other city targeted would not have attained the results that were required to be achieved through this incident.
- Timing: It was at a time of the year, when it is coming to an end. This will give enough time for the new American President-elect to take his office and plan any strategy that may need to be taken for his new role.
- Choice of targets: The spots those were very precisely chosen to attract the media and tourists.
- Choice of targeting Synagogue: This was chosen to strengthen the bond between the Jews and the Indians.
- Role of Media: From the word go, the media started harping on the Muslim terrorists from Pakistan. Finally Britishers of Pakistani origin were named. The Deccan Mujahidin-a name unheard till date, suddenly comes in picture and an email confirming their involvement is taken as their presence and basis for existence. One person that has shined in the crises is Mr. Deepak Chopra. In his interview to CNN on November 27, 2008, he responds on the event: “Chopra: What we have seen in Mumbai has been brewing for a long time, and the war on terrorism and the attack on Iraq compounded the situation. What we call "collateral damage" and going after the wrong people actually turns moderates into extremists, and that inflammation then gets organized and appears as this disaster in Bombay. Now the worst thing that could happen is there's a backlash on the Muslims from the fundamental Hindus in India, which then will perpetuate the problem. Inflammation will create more inflammation. Ultimately the message is always toward Washington because it's also the perception that Washington, in their way, directly or indirectly funds both sides of the war on terror. They fund our side, then our petrol dollars going to Saudi Arabia through Pakistan and ultimately these terrorist groups, which are very organized. You know Jonathan, it takes a lot of money to do this. It takes a lot of organization to do this. Where's the money coming from, you know? The money is coming from the vested interests. I'm not talking about conspiracy theories, but what happens is, our policies, our foreign policies, actually perpetuate this problem. Because, you know, 25% of the world's population is Muslim and they're the fastest growing segment of the population of the world. The more we alienate the Muslim population, the more the moderates are likely to become extremists.” 
- Correlating with September 11: The world media, immediately, started framing the event as a September 11 event for India. As if India is attacked, and the response to be given to its enemies, as it made a pretext to invade Afghanistan.
- Money: The money made available to carry out the attack was enough to organize such a planned act. On the other hand, Pakistan itself receiving aid from IMF cannot take leverage from them and divulge its funds towards these subversive activities.
- Prelude to a new upcoming war: The new strategy is to initiate a new war, and probably make it a testing ground for new weaponry.
- Means: The questions that need to be asked is: Who provided the means and resources to make this mission possible? Is it starving Pakistan or those with means to carry out this heinous act to have a meaning out of this crises.
- Motivation: Deccan Mujahidin - a name unheard till date, suddenly comes in picture and an email confirming their involvement is taken as their involvement. Deccan is unheard of any motivation to carry out this act. The motivated people could be those who are motivated to undertake these subversive activities and are specially paid to do so.
- Methods: The universal methods of massacre and killing innocent were adopted, targeting the civilians to gain maximum attention.
- India-Palestine Analogy:  After the second world war, two major events took place. In Asia, India was divided in a hasty manner into India and Pakistan and in Middle East, Palestine was divided in a planned manner into Israel and Palestine. This division was to have long lasting effects on the future events, some of which are evident and others yet to be unfolded. The decision makers allowed further division of Pakistan and annexure of Arab land by Israel. With the remaining Pakistan they allowed it to develop an overt nuclear program and for Israel to develop a covert nuclear program for the purpose best known to them. Nuclear wars can only bring devastation for the humanity. We still see the remnants of the use of atomic weapons in the second world war and hope the history does not repeat itself. With the hasty division of India, several princely states were left to decide on their own for their association with either country. However, these states were soon annexed by India. From Pakistan, Mujahedin went to support their Kashmiri counterparts. Since then, Kashmir has been a flashpoint for the arms conflict for both countries in the past. India and Pakistan were left behind by their masters to keep putting their resources on buying arms from them to keep their industry running. Unfortunately, both fell in the trap. On the other hand, the division of Israel was a planned division. The masters wanted to have a place of their own in the heart of the Middle East for them to operate. It was a chosen land for the Jews for their future betterment, ignoring the sufferings of the Muslim and Christian inhabitants of Palestine.
The Mumbai event appears to be a whistle blower for Pakistan. It may culminate on blaming on Pakistan and an expedition that may bring horrifying results for the world.
Are we prepared?
. "The Rape of Kashmir - Parallels with the Israeli Occupation of Palestine"
by Nafeez Mosaddeq Ahmed